Our Summer Challenge is all about challenging yourself to become a new version of yourself! Perhaps your goals are as simple as drinking more water or increasing your daily step intake? Or maybe you’re looking to make some serious weight changes and transform your health game from the inside out.
Either way, we’ve got you covered with our super healthy gut salad! Enjoy it as part of a calorie-restricted diet, a plant-based diet, or even as a healthy meal option.
intrigued? Let’s check it…
If you are hoping to get healthy or lose weight, this recipe should be for you! Packed with veggies and gut delights, our Super Salad is a plant-based treat sure to jumpstart your weight loss or healthy eating journey.
Ready to see how we did? Here we go!
- avocado x1
- X1 jar of chickpeas
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups of cabbage
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds
- x1 large sweet potato
Why will these foods help my gut health?
- They are all entirely plant-based and from different food groups: your gut has a wide variety of microbes and they all prefer a different food, so it’s great to eat lots of fruits and vegetables!
- The vegetables and whole grains in this salad are perfect for feeding your healthy bacteria and keeping your gut healthy! (1)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the sweet potato into small cubes, add some salt, pepper and smoked paprika and pop it in the oven for about 25-30 minutes (alternatively an AirFryer would work just fine).
- While the potato is cooking, cut the avocado into small pieces and place them in a large bowl.
- Drain the chickpeas and put them in the bowl with the avocado).
- In a small skillet, toast the squash and sesame seeds together until lightly golden, once cool pour into the bowl.
- Just before the potato is done, spread the washed cabbage evenly on a large baking sheet and drizzle with low-fat oil. Sprinkle the cabbage with salt and bake under the potato for about 5-8 minutes.
- When the cabbage has started to crisp slightly, remove it from the oven and pour it into the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Add your sweet potato.
- Finally, sprinkle the mixture with a splash of extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice and sauté.
- Season to taste and enjoy your meal!