Dinner Eggs Fish Citrus Fruits
Healthy air fryer cooking offers a delicious combination of crispness and flavor.
Go to recipe ↓ Image S2C
Tuna Meatballs are a low carb (even lower without using potatoes), high protein meal that is fantastic to use with salads in the spring and summer. Tuna and potato balls cooked in the air fryer are exceptionally flavorful, and the process allows you to retain the natural salty flavors of the meatballs using much less oil than baking or frying.
If you’re looking for a healthy and affordable protein dinner with a delicious balance, these Tuna Burgers and Fry Potatoes taste delicious. While the recipe below makes six meatballs, you can make them snack or appetizer size by making each patty a little smaller (ideally with a scoop of ice cream or a salad scoop).
You can make these meatballs with different spices to reflect your personal palate and taste, however, a simple herb blend of basil, oregano, and thyme is all you really need to create a delicious seasoning base that pleases just about anyone.
Despite being a simple meatball recipe to make, it is important to mix all the ingredients well to maintain a uniform flavor and ensure that all the ingredients are cooked in the correct amount. Be sure to add the eggs at the end of your mixture, as they are your main binding agent to take advantage of bringing things together perfectly.
Some home cooks prefer a shorter cooking time with the air fryer, while others (like me) will prefer a crispier browned texture. If you can get all the meatballs in the air fryer at once, give it a try, otherwise two separate batches will suffice. Keep in mind that batch cooking is likely to extend the cook time by 10-15 minutes, but it’s worth making a satisfying compromise.
I love serving Air Fryer Tuna and Potato Empanadas with a crunchy green salad and sweet and sour sauce for a healthy, high-protein meal, however, a creamy polenta or puree are also great side options.
Tuna and potato balls with air fryer
Makes 6 meatballs
Preparation time 20m
Cooking time 15m
5 classified 5 out of 5 Rated by 2 reviewers
Allergens: Eggs, Fish, Citrus
- 2 red potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 large cans of tuna (3 ounces each), drained
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tablespoons of mixed herbs
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- cooking oil spray
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Peel and quarter the potatoes, then boil them for about 10 minutes until semi-soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking, drain the large tuna molds and place them in a bowl. Add lime juice, chopped onion, herbs, and spices.
- Chop or coarsely chop the potato quarters and add them to the bowl. Mix ingredients to combine.
- Add the lightly beaten eggs, then mix again. Turn ingredients into meatballs by kneading by hand.
- Drizzle the oil into the fryer pan, then place half of the meatballs in the fryer. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the meatballs at 180°C for 8 minutes. Flip them over, then cook for another 5 minutes to ensure an even crunch.
- Repeat steps 6-7 with the remaining meatballs. Serve with green salad and sweet and sour sauce.
Your Review Your Overall Rating Select a rating5 Stars4 Stars3 Stars2 Stars1 Stars Rate this recipe SKM: placeholder below contentWhizzco for 12T Subscribe to 12 Tomatoes
Please enter your email address