Turn on your pizza oven, it’s time to make the The Ultimate Artichoke Pizza Recipe! With a creamy base of artichokes and spinach and topped with lots of cheese, it’s like no other.
You’ll see a lot of recipes claiming to be the “best homemade pizzas” so I’m not going to claim the same for that. But what I’m going to do is say that it’s a favorite in our house and in everyone I’ve made it for.
It starts with a basic pizza crust, then is topped with a delicious cheese, spinach, and artichoke spread, sprinkled with even more cheese and artichokes, and then cooked until deliciously golden brown. What could not be loved?
If you like spinach and artichoke dip, imagine it cooking in a hot oven on top of a nice crust. You’re still drooling because I know I am.
What is in this article?
- artichoke pizza ingredients
- How to make artichoke pizza
- Other homemade pizza recipes:
- artichoke pizza
artichoke pizza ingredients
- Prepackaged Pizza Dough – My goal is to make things easier here, so a pre-packaged pizza dough works well here. If you have a homemade pizza dough recipe of your choice, feel free to use that instead.
- fresh spinach – This really is like an artichoke and spinach pizza if you think about it. The tasty combination of spinach and artichokes is unmatched.
- Olive oil – I like to use a good quality olive oil for this recipe.
- artichoke hearts – Instead of fresh artichokes, I like to use the jarred marinated version. Make sure they are drained and chopped. You want them to be small enough to be bite sized.
- Cheese – In this recipe I use two types of cheese: fresh mozzarella and Parmesan. I always prefer to mash mine because it tends to melt better that way. If you like, you can also add a little pecorino romano.
- Cream cheese – Instead of a traditional white sauce, we use something very similar to spinach and artichoke sauce as a base. It is creamier and more substantial than traditional pizza sauce. Make sure it’s at room temperature to help it spread.
- Mayonnaise – This helps add some flavor and creaminess to our cream sauce.
- Garlic powder – If you really want to add a touch of garlic to your artichoke pizza, use a whole clove of minced garlic. If not, garlic powder works fine.
- onion powder – This pizza already has so much flavor, the onion powder is really the only other spice needed to bring it all together.
- salt and black pepper – I am a salt fanatic and I love using fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper for this easy pizza recipe.
- Parsley – And to finish your perfect pizza, sprinkle some parsley as a garnish to give it a little color.
How to make artichoke pizza
- Prepare the oven and pizza stone. Preheat oven and line a baking sheet or pizza stone with parchment paper.
- Roll up the dough. On a floured surface, roll out, roll out and shape the pizza dough, creating a border for the crust.
- Cook the spinach. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté the spinach until cooked through and wilted. Let cool and then drain.
- Prepare the artichoke mixture. In a bowl, combine spinach, artichoke hearts, cheeses, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Spread over the dough. Spread the artichoke mixture in an even layer over the pizza dough, leaving about 1 inch for the dough.
- Add seasonings. Top with remaining cheese and artichoke hearts.
- Baking. Place the pizza dough on a baking sheet and cook until the edges of the pizza are golden brown and the cheese has melted and foamy. Garnish with parsley, cut into slices, serve and enjoy!
This is a great recipe because you can definitely modify it to your liking. Here are some tips:
- If you want to add some flavor to your artichoke pizza, try adding some pepper flakes to the mix.
- Do you want more vegetables? Garnish the pizza with some sliced or chopped red onions.
- Fresh basil would be a nice addition on top of or in the gooey cheese mixture.
- Try using a cauliflower pizza base or a 2-ingredient pizza crust.
Other homemade pizza recipes:
- Cauliflower Parmesan Pizza Base
- Garlic Crusted French Bread Pizza
- Pizza Alfredo French Bread
Pizza Logs Crispy egg roll wrappers stuffed with gooey mozzarella and hot peppers, fried until golden brown and topped with marinara sauce. Spicy Thai Chicken Pizza Spicy Thai Chicken Pizza uses a rich peanut satay sauce with shredded chicken, colorful vegetables, and topped with honey-roasted sweet peanuts and hot pepper oil. Pumpkin Vegetable Pizza Pumpkin Vegetable Pizza is an easy recipe for homemade pizza! If you’re looking for a recipe to change it up, this is the recipe for you!
This is the quintessential artichoke pizza recipe! With a creamy artichoke and spinach base and topped with lots of cheese, it’s the BEST! Prep Time15 minCook Time20 minTotal Time35 min Course: Entrée Cuisine: American Keyword: Artichoke Pizza, Spinach Artichoke Pizza Servings: 8 Calories: 164kcal Author: Jessica Formicola Cook Mode Prevent screen from dimming
- Prepackaged Pizza Dough
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, drained, chopped and divided
- 1 cup mozzarella chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling on pizza
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- parsley to decorate; chopped up
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet or pizza stone with parchment paper. On a floured surface, roll, roll out and shape pizza dough into a 10- to 12-inch circle, creating a rim for the crust.
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to a skillet and sauté spinach until cooked through and wilted, about 2 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and then drain.
- In a bowl, combine spinach, 3/4 cup artichoke hearts, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Spread artichoke mixture evenly over pizza dough, leaving about 1 inch for dough.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella, artichoke hearts, and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges of pizza are golden brown and cheese is melted and foamy. Garnish with parsley, cut into slices, serve and enjoy!
- If you have tried this recipe, please come back and let us know how it went in the comments or ratings.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbs: 4g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated fat: 2g | Monounsaturated fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 456mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1268IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 1mg