East Buffalo Chicken Pasta is a delicious and easy casserole recipe that can be on your table in 30 minutes. Combinatorial sauce for chicken wings and cheesy one-pan pasta creates a meal everyone will devour in minutes.
This buffalo chicken calzone is another quick and easy buffalo chicken recipe that everyone likes too.
Do you have a hard time preparing quick and easy dinners? I tend to stop thinking about dinner until the last second. Then I rush to prepare a hot meal when everyone is hungry.
Having pasta, chicken, and cheese on hand makes it easy to whip up a quick 30-minute meal. I like to buy rotisserie chickens at Sam’s Club and freeze bags of shredded chicken for future meals.
Another great option is to keep canned chicken in the pantry.
why do it
Our family loves anything with buffalo chicken in it. This easy buffalo chicken dip is the number one snack for our movie nights. So for this easy dinner recipe, I decided to pair our favorite sauce with a cheesy pasta casserole.
Adding spaghetti with cream cheese pasta, hot sauce and melted cheese makes it the best buffalo chicken casserole never! This pasta dinner tastes like buffalo chicken sauce, only meatier!
I must love a skillet full of cheesy pasta goodness that everyone loves and wants every week.
Enjoy all the flavors you love about buffalo chicken wings in a creamy cheese pasta casserole. This simple buffalo chicken pasta comes together with a few simple ingredients.
Chicken – You can use a rotisserie chicken, leftover chicken breasts, chopped grilled chicken, or even canned chicken. We use all kinds of chicken in this buffalo chicken recipe. It tastes amazing no matter what kind of chicken you use.
Cream cheese – Makes pasta creamy and delicious.
Grated cheese – A mixture of shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese cooks up beautiful and gooey. Hey, I never said this was healthy buffalo chicken pasta.
Hot sauce – We love using Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to give buffalo pasta a tangy, tangy flavor. Feel free to reduce the amount or use an ali sauce instead to make it smoother.
Ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing – They’ll both taste great. It all depends on what dressing you prefer with your buffalo chicken wings. Our family prefers ranch dressing, so we make buffalo ranch chicken.
Pasta – Use your favorite pasta noodles for this easy casserole. We prefer penne because they hold the sauce better. Papillon noodles would also look great in this buffalo chicken pasta. Cook and drain the noodles before adding them to the buffalo chicken sauce mixture.
Optional coverages – Green onions and blue cheese crumbles make great toppings for this buffalo chicken pasta.
How to make baked buffalo chicken pasta
This easy buffalo chicken pasta recipe can be made in minutes. It’s a great meal to have on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Be careful! This easy buffalo chicken casserole has a thick layer of gooey cheese on top. Everyone will fight for the first cheese ball!
step one: paste
- Cook noodles according to box directions.
- Drain the noodles. Drizzle with olive oil to prevent sticking.
BRUCEW TIP: make this a Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Recipe replacing the tagliatelle with cooked CAULIFLOWER. Healthy chicken recipe like this.
Step Two: Assemble and Cook
- Mix cream cheese, ranch, and hot sauce in large bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Add the shredded cooked chicken, the drained tagliatelle and a little mozzarella and mix gently.
- Pour the buffalo chicken mixture into a greased pan and top with the remaining grated cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until warm and cheese on top is melted and beginning to brown.
Step Three: Decorate and Eat
- Season hot buffalo chicken casserole with ranch sauce and hot sauce.
- Serve with green onions and crumbled blue cheese.
tips and tricks
- To prevent cooked noodles from drying out and sticking together, drizzle them with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Looking for a buffalo chicken pasta that has a more delicate, buttery flavor? Use buffalo sauce instead of Frank’s hot sauce.
- Grate cheese in bulk instead of buying pre-shredded bags of cheese. Packaged cheese has a powder added to prevent sticking and souring. Freshly grated cheese tastes better and melts creamier.
- Blue cheese has a stronger flavor that some people don’t like. Serve blue cheese dip and blue cheese crumbles as an option for anyone who loves that flavor.
make him a meal
This buffalo chicken casserole is a complete meal on its own. Although having more sides and desserts always makes a better dinner. Here are some recipe ideas that we love.
- Spinach Salad with Orange
- Baked vegetables recipe
- herb bread
- food whisk
Can this buffalo chicken casserole be made ahead of time?
Pasta flan can be made up to a day in advance. Mix everything together, then cover the pan with cling film and put it in the refrigerator.
Remove the dish from the refrigerator 30 minutes before putting it in the oven. Cook until hot and bubbly.
How long will leftovers last?
Spare? What leftovers? LOL! Leftover buffalo chicken pasta will keep for 3-4 days if stored in the refrigerator in a tightly closed container. Reheat in the microwave.
Can I make it a low carb meal?
Sure you can. Replace the cooked cauliflower with pasta noodles and enjoy your meal.
Can you make buffalo chicken pasta in a crock pot?
They can. I would use a crock pot if you are cooking raw chicken breasts instead of using pre-cooked chicken.
- Add chicken breasts and hot sauce to hot sauce. Cook on low heat for 6 hours or on high heat for 3 hours. Chop the chicken in the sauce.
- Combine cream cheese, ranch dressing and cheese and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and decorate with more cheese just before serving.
Other buffalo chicken recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Buffalo Chicken Chop
- buffalo chicken rolls
- buffalo chicken roll
- buffalo wing fries
- Buffalo Chicken Slider
- Buffalo Chicken Salad Sandwich
Do you like a recipe you tried from Recetas Latinas?
Please consider leaving a 5-star rating ⭐️ and/or a review in the comments section below.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Pasta Recipe
Time to cook:
Combining buffalo chicken, cheese, and pasta in one casserole creates a meal everyone will love. This Baked Buffalo Chicken Pasta is delicious and can be on the table in 30 minutes.
2 cups (8 ounces) raw penne pasta (or cooked cauliflower substitute)
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
¾ cup ranch dressing
⅓ cup hot sauce
2 cups chopped cooked chicken (or 1 – 12.5 ounces chopped chicken breast)
1 ½ cup grated mozzarella
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
green onions, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 8-inch saucepan with nonstick spray.
- Cook the noodles, according to package directions. Drain and drizzle with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Blend cream cheese, ranch, and hot sauce until creamy.
- Add chicken, ½ cup mozzarella, and cooked pasta noodles to cream cheese mixture and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared dish.
- Combine the two remaining cheeses and sprinkle the surface of the dough. Cook for 20 minutes or until cheese on top is melted.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with green onions, hot sauce, and ranch drizzle. Serves 6.
- If using canned chicken, drain and break up with a fork before using.
Yield: 6 Servings: 1
Amount per proportion:
Calories: 416 Total Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 78mg Sodium: 858mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 21g
Nutrition data is an estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special dietary advice, please consult a registered dietitian.
Did you make this recipe?
*The Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake post was first published on October 18, 2016. The post was updated and republished on July 14, 2021.
The subsequent Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake recipe first appeared on Recetas Latinas.