This baked chicken and almond peppers recipe combines super nutrition with easy prep in just 10-15 minutes.
With a low saturated fat content of just 3 grams and almost 30 grams of protein per serving, this is a delicious mix of textures and flavors that you can add to your repertoire of quick and easy recipes for lunch or dinner.
- 600 grams of chicken breasts
- 400g red onions, cut into wedges
- 3 red bell peppers (450g), seeded and sliced
- 240g diced new potatoes
- 1-2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, smoked paprika and fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 32 grams whole blanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- 250 grams of Greek yogurt FAGE 0% fat
- A handful of parsley or cilantro to serve
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees / 180 degrees ventilated / gas mark 6.
- Place chicken or turkey, onions, potatoes if using, and bell peppers in a large bowl and season.
- In another bowl, mix the garlic, spices, oil, lemon zest, and juice.
- Pour this over everything and spread the mixture out onto a large baking sheet or 2 smaller baking sheets.
- Roast for 40 minutes, turning the chicken after 20 minutes to make sure it is cooked through.
- Add the almonds in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serve in bowls with a large dollop of Greek yogurt and a little chopped parsley or cilantro.
To download a copy of the Baked Almond Chicken recipe, click here.
The Baked Chicken and Almonds post first appeared on Motivation Weight Management.