It doesn’t get any easier (or tastier) than this.
Go to recipe ↓ Image S2C
Banana bread is one of those comfort foods that always puts you in a good mood. It’s also the perfect way to consume bananas that are getting a little mushy. But did you know that you can use pancake mix as a base for this sweet bread? Save yourself a few steps and also make sure the bread comes out very tender and airy.
To make this quick classic, add the wet ingredients (including the bananas and a dash of vanilla extract) to your food processor, followed by the pancake mix. Then add the walnuts and voila! Using the food processor shortcut means the dough comes together in minutes.
For this recipe we use chopped pecans, but if you prefer you can use walnuts or almonds. Everyone adds something to this bread.
After you mix the batter and pour it into a loaf pan, you can bake it and continue with other things while it cooks until golden brown. When you’re short on prep time, this recipe is a lifesaver.
Serve this bread with a little butter and a cup of your favorite morning beverage for a tasty breakfast made with minimal effort. And who doesn’t love a good quick and easy recipe?
Banana bread with pancake mix
Makes 10 slices
Preparation time 10m
Cooking time 55m
4.5 Evaluated 4.5 out of 5 Rated by 6 reviewers
Allergens: wheat, milk, nuts
- 2 bananas
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 2/3 cups pancakes and baked mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Put the bananas, sugar, milk, oil, vanilla, and eggs in a blender or food processor. Mix until uniform in color and texture. Pour the mixture into a large bowl, then add the Bisquick. Mix until a dough forms, then add the nuts.
- Pour batter into greased 9″x5″ pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted in center of bread comes out clean. Let cool for 1 hour before removing from pan and slicing.
Your Review Your Overall Rating Select a rating5 Stars4 Stars3 Stars2 Stars1 Stars Rate this recipe SKM: placeholder below contentWhizzco for 12T Subscribe to 12 Tomatoes