Weight Loss Recipe You Can Enjoy Tonight – Cauliflower Masala
Weight Loss Recipe You Might Enjoy Tonight – Cauliflower Masala: If you are looking to spice up your vegetables, give this recipe a try. Indian spices are a favorite of many, but unfortunately dining at an Indian restaurant can lead to a food disaster. Try this healthy twist on a popular Indian dish that won’t hurt your weight loss efforts and will allow you to curb your cravings for a healthy and satisfying dinner recipe.
With anti-inflammatory and heart-healthy properties in this healthy recipe, cauliflower is one of the cruciferous vegetables that you should try to eat regularly. Packed with nutritional goodness, we’ll share a few of the many health benefits that this healthy recipe packs.
Mainly, it is an excellent source of B vitamins, including B1 (thiamin), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6 (pyridoxine), and B9 (folic acid). It contains omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin K. It is also a good source of minerals: phosphorus and potassium. The powerful antioxidants (vitamin C and manganese) in cauliflower really make this a must-see vegetable this week at the grocery store!
You can add some grilled chicken or tofu to the side of this dish to make sure you get your protein too!
- 1 cauliflower, leaves cut into florets
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 10-12 fresh or dried curry leaves
- 2 red chilies, seeded and sliced, reserving a few slices for garnish
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons chopped coriander
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Boil cauliflower for 4-5 minutes, drain and steam dry.
- Meanwhile, spray a skillet with low-calorie cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds, then when they start to crunch, add the cumin, fennel seeds, curry leaves, chillies and turmeric. Saute for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower, season with salt, then add the tomatoes and 200 ml of water. Cover, lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the peas and cook for a few more minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the liquid has reduced a bit.
- Garnish with chili slices and cilantro.
- Serve on four separate plates with your favorite proteins and enjoy your meal!
The Cauliflower Masala post first appeared on Motivation Weight Management.