Crispy Baked Avocado Fries are topped with seasonings and a crispy garlicky panko crust then cooked to crispy perfection! They’re so delicious and easy to make, you’ll want to have them with every meal!
I loved these Crispy Baked Avocado Fries. In fact, cooking vegetables this way is a family favorite! Try these Baked Zucchini Fries, these Baked Jicama Chips, or these delicious Baked Cheesy Asparagus!
What are Baked Avocado Crisps?
I was at a conference with a friend in Chicago and we noticed avocado fries on the menu. Baked Avocado Fries!? I love everything there is to do with avocado and couldn’t wait to try them for myself. These had a crispy coating on the outside and the inside was still rich and creamy. Then take them on top and dip them in a delicious sauce. They make a great appetizer or are the perfect side dish for your next meal!
Avocado chips are not only more unique than regular potato chips, they are also much healthier! And I can’t resist avocado or chips, so this recipe combines the best of both worlds! Try them with a delicious hamburger and soon you will always make them at the request of your family!
Ingredients in Baked Avocado Crisps
Fortunately for you, this recipe is very simple and only requires a few ingredients. But don’t be fooled by this short list of ingredients. These definitely pack a punch when it comes to delicious flavor! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Avocado: If they are slightly firm, they will hold up better in this recipe.
- Egg: I always like to use large eggs when cooking in the kitchen.
- Flour: All-purpose flour works great in this recipe!
- Panke Breadcrumbs: I love the texture that the panko breadcrumbs give to the creamy avocado. It’s such a stark contrast!
- Italian dressing: You can use store bought dressing or make something with my recipe at home!
- Garlic powder: This adds that delicious garlic flavor that goes so well with other ingredients.
- Salt: The salt will bring out all the flavors in these Baked Avocado Fries.
How to Make Baked Avocado Fries
Start by removing the pit from the avocado and then cutting the avocado into chips. Cut the avocado slices in half and again in half and make them the exact thickness you want your fries to be. You will go crazy for this delicious snack!
- Preparation and dredging: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set it aside. Cut the avocados in half lengthwise, then cut them into wedges. In a deep plate, add the eggs. In another bowl, add the flour and, in the last bowl, add the panko, the Italian seasoning, the garlic powder, and the salt.
- Immersion: Pass the avocado through the flour, then through the egg and finally through the panko. Lay flat on your greased baking sheet.
- Cooked: Spray avocado with cooking spray and cook for 12-14 minutes until crisp. Serve with honey chipotle sauce if desired.
The keys to crispy fries
If you want these Baked Avocado Fries to have the best texture (crisp on the outside and creamy on the inside), follow these tips!
- Green avocados: This is a great way to be able to consume green avocados. They’re not too delicate to fry and hold up as you dredge them in the flour, egg, and panko mixture. Although they are a bit hard and not very ripe, they are capable of softening in the oven during cooking. They come out of the oven tender and creamy and have a really amazing overall flavor!
- Cooking spray: Spray panko with cooking spray after coating avocado. This will help give the avocado fries a crispy golden coating.
- Don’t forget to flip! Flip the fries in half. This makes all sides golden and crispy.
French fries are only as good as the sauce you dip them in, right? Well, these Avocado Baked Fries are delicious on their own but… I can’t resist a good sauce! Here are some ideas to try!
- Creamy Chipotle Honey Sauce
- chipotle tomato sauce
- Cilantro Lime Ranch
- spicy mayonnaise
More avocado recipes to try
Avocados are so good and versatile! There are so many different ways to cook them. Use them as a side dish, in a sadae, as a sauce, or to decorate a main dish! Here are some great ideas to try!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set it aside. Cut the avocados in half lengthwise, then cut them into wedges. In a deep plate, add the eggs. In another plate, add the flour and, in the last plate, add the panko, the Italian seasoning, the garlic powder and the salt.
Pass the avocado through the flour, then through the egg and finally through the panko. Lay flat on your greased baking sheet.
Spray avocado with cooking spray and cook for 12-14 minutes until crisp. Serve with honey chipotle sauce if desired.
Calories91kcal (5%) Carbohydrates9g (3%) Protein2g (4%) Fat6g (9%) Saturated Fat1g (5%) Polyunsaturated Fat1g Monounsaturated Fat4g Trans Fat0.002gCholesterol20mg (7%) Sodium126mg (5%) Potassium Fiber185mg (5%) Sugar 0.4 g Vitamin A82IU (2%) Vitamin C3mg (4%) Calcium 16mg (2%) Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is an estimate only. Each recipe and nutritional value varies based on brands used, measurement methods, and serving sizes per family.
Appetizer, of course, side dish.
Keyword avocado fries, baked potato chips