Fancy fried pickles from your favorite restaurant? Now you can make a lightened version at home in the air fryer! These air-fried pickles are just as crispy and flavorful as the classic appetizer. With a savory, cheesy breading and a tart dill pickle center, you’ll satisfy all your cravings with this easy air fryer recipe.
At Nutrisystem we love air fryers. After all, they allow you to create healthier versions of your favorite meals and snacks. Instead of frying food in oil, hot air circulates around the ingredients to create a crispy texture. Learn more about how air fryers can help you lose weight here! >
A serving of these air-fried pickles weighs just 98 calories. They count as half of a SmartCarb and an Extra in the Nutrisystem program. Before you take another serving, be sure to record the first one in your NuMi Journal to stay on track with your daily meal plan. The NuMi app can help you stay organized and within your calorie allotment throughout the day. Click here to register this recipe on the NuMi app! >
Looking for other air fryer recipes for your weight loss plan? The Leaf Weight Loss blog is full of delicious ideas! Take a look at some of our favorite creations below:
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies >
- Air fryer sausages, potatoes and vegetables>
- Salt and Vinegar Air Fryer Fries >
- Fried Fish Sticks with Tartar Sauce>
- Cinnamon Sugar Air Fryer Grilled Pineapple>
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls>
- Honey Mustard Chicken Nuggets Air Fryer >
- BBQ Airfryer Potato Skins>
Get started with a convenient meal delivery service that helps you lose weight! Nutrisystem brings convenient pantry and freezer options right to your home. Learn more about the Nutrisystem program >
*Keep in mind that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer’s safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
- 3 pickle tips, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F. Spray pan with nonstick spray.
- Prepare 3 bowls in an assembly line: put the flour in the first bowl, the egg in the second bowl, and the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in the third bowl.
- Dip each pickle slice in the flour, then in the egg, and then in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Arrange the breaded pickle slices in the air fryer in a single layer. Spray lids with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- * Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer’s safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.