If you are looking for a delicious salad that is full of flavor and rich in different textures, then this Greek Barley Salad is for you! Vegetables and arugula covered in a lemon vinaigrette combine to make the flavor more delicious and refreshing!
Salads are delicious any time of year, for any occasion, and there are enough recipes to suit everyone! Try some of my favorites! I love this Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad, this delicious Broccoli Apple Salad, or this amazing Antipasti Salad.
Greek Barley Salad Recipe
This Greek Barley Pasta Salad recipe is a hit in our household. They love the colors and flavors that are contained in this dish. In fact, we love barley so much that right after we made this Italian Sausage Barley Skillet. They loved the taste and texture! I usually have a hard time getting my kids excited about any salad recipe, but not this one!
Not only is this salad delicious, but my favorite part is that it tastes so fresh. The vegetables complement each other, but then add that homemade lemon vinaigrette and this salad takes a leap in quality! Adds a strong flavor and a fresh taste. This salad goes with just about any meal and will be a hit with all your guests!
greek barley salad ingredients
The plant-based ingredients in this salad are wholesome and combine to create a delicious overall flavor. All the exact ingredients are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Barley paste: You can cook the pasta while cutting all the vegetables. I always cook pasta al dente for the perfect texture.
- Cherry tomatoes: I like to cut my cherry tomatoes in half to make them easier to eat. Alternatively, you can also use cherry tomatoes.
- english cucumber: I didn’t peel my cucumber, but you can if you prefer.
- Kalamata Olives: You can also use black olives, but I love the color and flavor of kalamata olives.
- Medium Red Onion: Dice the red onion so there are no large chunks left in the salad.
- feta cheese: I LOVE feta cheese, it gives a delicious texture to this salad.
- Arugula Salad: I like to combine pasta and vegetables in a salad.
- Fresh dill and parsley: Finely chop the dill and parsley to mix well with the salad.
- lemon vinaigrette: You can buy it at the store, but I love making it at home using this recipe!
Let’s make a salad!
This Greek Barley Salad takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish. It’s easy and delicious… what more could you ask for? I know you will love it!
- Combine: In a large bowl, add the cooked pasta, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, red onion, crumbled feta, arugula, dill, and parsley.
- Add seasoning: Pour all of the prepared lemon vinaigrette over the salad and toss lightly to coat the ingredients.
- Serve: Serve and enjoy your meal!
This Greek Barley Salad is so simple and versatile. I have made it many different ways, depending on what ingredients I have at home! Here are some ideas on some things you can add to change things up.
- Dress: Another dressing that I like to use is Greek Salad Dressing! It adds a completely different flavor but is also delicious!
- Garbanzo beans: Try adding chickpeas as an additional ingredient. You can easily cook them in the air fryer with this recipe and then throw them away!
- Herbs: Try adding some fresh mint or fresh basil instead of dill and parsley. It gives it a whole new (and equally delicious) flavor.
Can you make the Greek Barley Salad ahead of time?
Yes! You can do it in advance. In fact, I love to make it the day before a meeting, and then I can pick it up and go when it’s ready! I would wait and add the fresh herbs and seasonings until just before serving. Then it won’t get too soggy.
Other delicious Greek recipes
I love Greek recipes with all the colorful and flavorful ingredients. There are so many out there that you could only eat my Greek recipes for a week! try others, I’m sure at least one of them will become your favorite!
In a large bowl, add the cooked pasta, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, red onion, crumbled feta, arugula, dill, and parsley.
- Pour all of the prepared lemon vinaigrette over the salad and toss lightly to coat the ingredients.
Serve and enjoy your food!
Calories122kcal (6%) Carbohydrates17g (6%) Protein5g (10%) Fat4g (6%) Saturated Fat1g (5%) Polyunsaturated Fat0.4g Monounsaturated Fat2gCholesterol7mg (2%) Sodium276mg (12%) Potassium124mg (4%) Fiber2g Sugar1g (1 %) Vitamin A439IU (9%) Vitamin C7mg (8%) Calcium68mg (7%) Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is an estimate only. Each recipe and nutritional value varies based on brands used, measurement methods, and serving sizes per family.
Serve Salad, Garnish
American, Greek cuisine
Keyword greek barley salad, barley salad recipe