We used a lean lunch ham in this recipe as it has less fat than regular grated bacon, so you’ll save a lot of calories by making the switch. As you know, we’re huge fans of eggs and that’s just another brilliant way to add superfoods to your meal plan this week.
Also feel free to add your own free spices or veggies (spring onion or diced chili would also work well with this recipe).
We combine the egg cups with a light green salad, if you are a fan of balsamic vinegar, we recommend adding 2 teaspoons to the vegetables to give it more flavor.
- 2.5 pieces of ham
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 red onion
- 1 tomato
- mixed salad leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Top each compartment of a standard muffin/cupcake pan with 1/2 piece of ham
- Crack an egg into each compartment.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, depending on how firm you want the yolks to be. If you prefer soft or runny yolks, cook for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Garnish with some red onion and tomato and serve with a green salad and enjoy your meal.
The Ham and Egg Cup post first appeared on Motivation Weight Management.