All the great flavor of lasagna but none of the carbs!
This high protein, low carb lasagna recipe will have you feeling full but not bloated like you would with regular lasagna. And while it’s a healthy version of lasagna, it provides the satisfaction you’ve traditionally come to expect from this comfort food.
Take a pan, a bowl and a baking tray and ready.
You can serve it with loose vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower to make it fatter.
Ingredients for a high-protein, low-carb lasagna
- 240 g lean beef burger
- 200 g of 1% cottage cheese
- ½ cup (60g) chopped green onions
- ½ cup (75g) green bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 cup (200g) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (450g) spinach
- 70g mozzarella
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cayenne pepper
- Brown the meat in a pan and drain. Remove from heat and add the tomatoes, onions and green pepper. Season the meat mixture with garlic, pepper, and cayenne pepper (you may consider adding oregano, Italian seasoning, etc.).
- Place spinach, ricotta, and meat mixture in a small saucepan (1/2 meat, spinach, ricotta, 1/2 meat mixture). Decorate with grated mozzarella.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Download a copy of the High Protein Low Carb Lasagna recipe here.
Post High Protein Low Carb Lasagna first appeared on Motivation Weight Management.