One of the best cookie recipes out there.
Go to recipe ↓ Image S2C
It’s no secret that honey improves many dishes. And it goes best with fresh cookies. These honey butter cookies have this golden nectar in the topping and dough for a sweetness that runs through each bite. Combined with their amazing texture thanks to the buttermilk in the dough, these cookies stand on their own as some of the best we’ve ever made.
To start this recipe you will need to prepare honey butter, which as its name suggests, is made from honey and butter. To prevent them from overheating, put them in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the butter has melted, then remove from heat.
For the dough, combine some cold butter with the dry ingredients, then add some honey-sweetened buttermilk to form the mixture.
If you have an ice cream scoop, use it to drop the cookies onto the tray. Otherwise, you can use 2 serving spoons to create that characteristic rustic “teardrop” shape.
Make sure to leave some space between each cookie and then give each one a generous brush of that delicious honey butter before baking.
When these are done, they will be lightly browned and also a bit blotchy.
The only thing left to do once these sweet and fluffy cookies are baked is add a little more honey butter and enjoy these heavenly treats while they’re still warm.
Honey Butter Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
4.7 Evaluated 4.7 out of 5 Rated by 3 reviewers
Allergens: Milk, Wheat, Gluten
For the honey butter:
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/3 cup honey
For the cookies:
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, diced
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a small saucepan combine the butter and honey. Heat over low heat until the butter melts. Stir to combine.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cream of tartar in a large bowl. Cut in the butter until a gritty mixture forms. Add the honey and buttermilk and mix until combined.
- Place 1/4 cup on a lined baking sheet. Brush the cookies with honey butter and bake for 10-12 minutes. Serve the cookies with the remaining honey butter.
Your Review Your Overall Rating Select a rating5 Stars4 Stars3 Stars2 Stars1 Stars Rate this recipe SKM: placeholder below contentWhizzco for 12T Subscribe to 12 Tomatoes