Apple Cider Vinaigrette is a staple for adding a burst of bright, tangy flavor to your favorite salads. Create it from scratch and you won’t want it any other way!
I have recently been quite obsessed with homemade salad dressings. They are so good! No matter what you add them to, it takes flavor to the next level! Plus, you know exactly what goes into them, so you don’t have to worry about preservatives or artificial flavors! You have to try making homemade ranch, mimicking Olive Garden dressing and then lemon vinaigrette.
Homemade Apple Cider Vinaigrette Recipe
When it comes to salad dressings, apple vinaigrette is one of the best. It’s silky smooth and has a tangy flavor that works with both sweet and savory salads! The texture is also my favorite. It adds just the right amount of flavor without being too thick and heavy.
And if you’re still not convinced, apple cider vinegar works wonders for the body. all that is healthy Y Delicious is a win in my book! Apple Cider Vinegar is rich in probiotics for healthy digestion and can help you lose weight and lower cholesterol! You’ll love having this homemade dressing on hand and you’ll want to put it on everything. I know I have it!
Ingredients you will need
Nothing special here! All you need is some apple cider vinegar and a few other simple ingredients from your pantry. Measurements for each ingredient can be found below in the recipe card!
- Apple cider vinegar: This gives the vinaigrette its distinctive spicy and fruity flavor.
- treasureVinaigrette: Adds sweetness and helps your vinaigrette get nice and smooth.
- Dijon mustard: Helps thicken the seasoning a bit and adds the best kick of spiciness!
- Garlic: The savory flavor of garlic perfectly balances the sweetness of apple cider vinegar.
- kosher salt: I always prefer kosher salt over table salt because it doesn’t have a bitter aftertaste. Sea salt works too!
- Cracked Black Pepper: For an extra touch of flavor!
- Olive oil: Help coat your vegetables with all the delicious herbs and flavors of the dressing. I used extra virgin olive oil!
How to make apple cider vinaigrette
This vinaigrette mixes up in minutes, which is great when you have a busy schedule. At the start of each week I make myself a batch for quick and easy lunches. You won’t want salads on the go when you have this tasty dressing lying around!
- Whip: In a bowl or jar, mix apple cider vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add the olive oil: A steady stream, pour in the olive oil, whisking as you add. Beat until smooth and incorporated.
- ServeSalad: Chill in the fridge in a resealable container until ready to serve with your salad!
Suggestions and Variations
You can easily tailor the flavor of this Apple Cider Vinaigrette to your preferences! Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Adjust the taste: If you feel the flavor of the dressing is too strong, you can add more olive oil to make it more delicate.
- Substitutes for olive oil: You can replace the olive oil with any light salad oil. Keep in mind that the oil you use may slightly alter the flavor of your vinaigrette. Soy, avocado, and walnut oil are just a few of the many types you can use!
- Add the herbs: Adding herbs to homemade dressings is a great way to infuse extra flavor! I always like to add a dash of Italian dressing.
How long does homemade apple vinaigrette last?
Your homemade vinaigrette will last a week in the fridge in an airtight container like a mason jar. Ingredients can separate as they sit, so shake or stir before using!
More homemade salad dressing recipes
I’m sure once you start making dressings and vinaigrettes from scratch, you’ll be as hooked as I am. You can’t beat its fresh and delicious taste! Check out these other recipes to take all your salads to the next level!
In a bowl or jar, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper.
A steady stream, pour in the olive oil, beating as you add it. Beat until smooth and incorporated.
Refrigerate in a resealable container until ready to serve with your salad.
Serving Size2 scoops Calories195kcal (10%) Carbohydrates9g (3%) Protein0.1gFat18g (28%) Saturated Fat2g (10%) Polyunsaturated Fat2g Monounsaturated Fat13gSodium161mg (7%) Potassium20mg (1%) Fiber0.1gSugar9gVitaminC0.1% 2mg 1% )
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is an estimate only. Each recipe and nutritional value varies based on brands used, measurement methods, and serving sizes per family.