Low Carb Chicken Alfredo Soup It’s the perfect meal when you want healthy comfort food. This Zucchini Soup combines chicken soup, chicken alfredo, and healthy zucchini noodles in one large pot.
It’s a fantastic low carb meal that will get everyone’s thumbs up.
Say hello to my new favorite diner. This Chicken Alfredo Soup With Zoodles has been on repeat in the last few weeks since I first made it on a whim. I just can’t get enough!
Although most of the time it is warm and sunny here in Florida, there is occasional cool and rainy weather. These colder, wetter days call for warm, delicious dinners with comfort food. But just because we’re eating low carb doesn’t mean we have to give up that comfort food.
To satisfy my cravings for chicken noodle soup and chicken alfredo, I decided to combine the two meals in one large pot. Win win chicken for dinner. This simple low carb soup satisfied all my cravings.
Using zucchini noodles instead of pasta keeps the carb count down in this healthy chicken soup recipe.
I love that this Butternut Squash Chicken Soup can be on the table in under 30 minutes. Excellent weeknight option when you are busy and have hungry humans to feed.
How to make Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles)
Using a spiralizer is the easiest way to make zoodles, but if you don’t have one available, you can use a potato peeler or mandolin to slice the zucchini into noodles.
You can also use a grater to chop it. Use the largest hole to make the pieces look like noodles.
These squashes do not need to cook very long. In fact, I usually drop them into hot soup just before serving bowls of chicken alfredo soup to my family. This keeps them slightly crisp.
List of ingredients
- Vegetables – A blend of onions, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms and garlic makes this vegetable soup hearty.
- Chicken – You can use any chicken you have on hand. Try grilled chicken, canned chicken, instant chicken, or grab a store-bought rotisserie chicken. All three work great and will taste amazing in this Keto friendly soup.
- Chicken soup – Make the base for the chicken broth soup.
- Alfredo sauce – My favorite alfredo sauce right now is from Trader Joes, but any alfredo sauce in a jar will do. If you prefer, you can also make a homemade dish.
- Zucchini – Spiralized into zoodles.
- Seasoning – Salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes add flavor.
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Alfredo Zoodle Soup
This Chicken Soup Soup comes together in minutes. Everything just needs to be heated before serving.
- Chop the onion, green pepper and mushrooms into small pieces. Brown the vegetables in a large pot with a splash of olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken, a can of drained and diced tomatoes (use the ones with green chilies for a little more flavor), the garlic, and the chicken broth.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add Alfredo sauce and mix until hot.
- Dip spaghetti in chicken broth just before serving.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and chopped chili and enjoy your meal.
- Use sliced or shredded cooked sausage in place of chicken to make sausage soup.
- Leave the alfredo sauce out to keep it more like a traditional skewered chicken soup.
Store Healthy Chicken Soup in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave whenever you feel hungry.
Healthier Zucchini Recipes
- healthy zucchini salad
- Zucchini stuffed with bacon
- Lean and Green Shrimp (with Zucchini)
- Zucchini Noodle Pizza
- sliced zucchini
Do you like a recipe you tried from Recetas Latinas?
Please consider leaving a 5-star rating ⭐️ in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section below.
Low Carb Chicken Alfredo Zoodle Soup Recipe
Time to cook:
Low Carb Chicken Alfredo Zoodle Soup is the perfect meal when you want healthy and convenient food. This Zucchini Soup combines chicken soup, chicken alfredo, and healthy zucchini noodles in one large pot.
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup chopped onion
1 green bell pepper chopped
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 – 14 ounces diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
32 ounces of chicken broth
1 cup alfredo sauce in a jar
1 medium zucchini, spiralized
salt and pepper to taste
¼ teaspoon minced red bell pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add onion, green bell pepper and mushrooms and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic, chicken, tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and add the Alfredo sauce. Stir until hot.
- Dip the zucchini noodles in the hot broth just before serving.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and chopped chili flakes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Yield: 6 Servings: 1
Amount per proportion:
Calories: 367 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 95mg Sodium: 1369mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 19g
Did you make this recipe?
Low Carb Chicken Alfredo Soup with Zoodles first appeared on Recetas Latinas.