Mexican street food made healthy in this easy air fryer corn on the cob recipe! Sweet corn season is upon us and this easy side dish is sure to be a summer favorite. Savory, tangy, and a little sweet, our Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn Recipe is smart, satisfying, and so easy to make.
Whip up delicious corn on the cob in no time with your favorite appliance, the Air Fryer! You don’t have to wait for the water to boil in this healthy corn recipe. Simply preheat the fryer to 400 degrees and spray the fryer basket with cooking spray. Arrange the corn inside, spray with cooking spray and cook for about 14 minutes. Make sure to flip them halfway through cooking!
While the corn is cooking, whisk together a creamy Mexican street corn sauce by combining light mayonnaise, lime juice, and spices. Our Mexican street corn seasoning mix includes garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, and black pepper. However, feel free to modify it to suit your taste buds. Spread the sauce on a plate and roll up each cooked ear of corn. Finally, garnish your Mexican Street Corn Air Fryer with crumbled cotija cheese and chopped fresh cilantro before digging in.
Pro tip: We love this delicious corn on the cob recipe for barbecues and summer parties. Feel free to toss the corn on the grill after air frying and before adding toppings for even more flavor.
In the Nutrisystem program? One serving of this recipe counts as a SmartCarb, half a PowerFuel and an Extra in your weight loss plan. It contains only 178 calories. Click here to record this recipe in your NuMi journal! >
Serve your Mexican Street Corn with a high-protein entree like grilled chicken, steak, or a turkey burger on a lettuce bun. Need recipe inspiration? Check out the Nutrisystem-approved recipes below:
Did you come up with your favorite corn recipe? Or maybe you’ve developed a healthy air fryer creation that’s just too good to keep to yourself! You can submit your recipes and a photo of them on our recipe submission page for a chance to be featured right here on the Leaf Weight Loss blog! Click here to submit your recipes. >
Develop healthier habits with a program backed by science! Get delicious meals, individual training, and the NuMi app to help you lose weight and stay healthy. Find out more about Nutrisystem! >
*Keep in mind that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer’s safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
- 4 ears of wheat
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- ½ lime, squeezed
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 oz cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Zero Calorie Cooking Spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Spray fryer basket with no-calorie cooking spray. Add corn and spray corn with cooking spray. Cook for 14 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, and lime juice. Spread the mixture on a plate.
- When the corn has finished cooking, coat each cob in the mayonnaise spread.
- Sprinkle the cotija and cilantro over the corn before serving.
- * Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer’s safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.