Get ready for pumpkin season with a classic made healthy! As soon as the leaves start to turn and the weather turns a little chilly, the pumpkin roll starts showing up on grocery store shelves and in bakery windows. It’s a seasonal gift we all start dreaming about in the fall. Because we want you to be able to join the pumpkin party, we asked our healthy recipe developers to create the best Pumpkin Roll recipe online.
What makes this Cream Cheese Pumpkin Roll Recipe the best? Whether you’re looking to lose weight or just eat a little healthier this fall, this delicious dessert is for you. It’s made with nutritious ingredients like whole wheat flour, eggs, pumpkin puree, low-fat cream cheese, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Filled with vanilla and sweet maple cream cheese and rolled into perfect spirals, it’s the perfect fall dessert recipe!
To make this easy and healthy pumpkin snack, mix together whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and pumpkin puree. Combine the dry mix and stuff, then pour the batter onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet greased with nonstick cooking spray. We put in the oven at 350 degrees and cook for 14 minutes.
When cooked, lThere is a clean kitchen towel on a counter. Immediately turn the cake over onto the kitchen towel, then remove the parchment paper. Roll cake and tea towel together and let cool completely. While you wait for it to cool down, mix in cream cheese filling by combining softened low-fat cream cheese, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and softened coconut oil.
Carefully unroll cooled cake. Spread the cream cheese over the cake, then roll it back up. Wrap the finished pumpkin roll in cling film and refrigerate for at least an hour. Cut it into 16 equal slices before serving.
This pumpkin pie for a total of 20 servings. If you are following the Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can record each 101 calorie serving as three Extra on the NuMi app.
Hungry for more pumpkin? Check out these other healthy recipes with our favorite fall fruit!:
Do you have your own healthy pumpkin recipe that you want to share? Submit your unique creation on our recipe submission page for a chance to be featured here on The Leaf. Click here to learn how to share! >
Get started with a convenient meal delivery service that helps you lose weight! Nutrisystem brings convenient pantry and freezer options right to your home. Learn more about the Nutrisystem program or shop our a la carte menu! >
- ¾ cup whole wheat cake flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, low-fat, softened
- 2 tbsp. Maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and pumpkin puree.
- Combine the wet and dry mixes.
- Pour the dough into the mold greased with gelatin. Cook for 14 minutes.
- Spread a clean kitchen towel out on a work surface. Immediately turn the cake upside down onto a towel. Remove parchment paper.
- Roll cake and towel together. Let it cool down completely.
- Whisk together cream cheese, syrup, vanilla, and coconut oil.
- Carefully unroll cooled cake. Spread cream cheese over cake. Launch it again.
- Wrap the pumpkin roll in cling film and refrigerate for at least an hour. Cut before serving.