Tender, tasty and a lively addition to the dining table.
Go to recipe ↓ S2C image
Mexican street corn is something of a legendary dish these days. The grilled flavor of the corn pairs perfectly with a slightly spicy cream sauce and crumbled queso fresco. But you can also apply this same treatment to other vegetables. This combination of flavors goes well with cauliflower, one of the most difficult vegetables to turn into a really tasty dish. With this recipe you won’t have to deal with any mushy cauliflower at the table.
To start, cut the cauliflower into small florets. They don’t have to be small because they will shrink a bit in the hot oven.
Drizzle with olive oil and a spice mix that includes paprika, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder. The powerful aroma is the ideal complement for this cruciferous vegetable. After being baked in the oven with this mixture of spices, the florets are roasted and develop a very pleasant flavour.
The sauce for this dish is a mixture of mayonnaise (a traditional equites ingredient), sour cream, and chili powder. When it’s all mixed up with a little lime juice, it has a great drizzle texture.
Pour it over the cauliflower and then garnish with cheese and some fresh chopped parsley for a Mexican street food flavor at the table. This is a great side dish for taco night, lemon chicken, or steak. Your options are wide open with this tender Esquites-style cauliflower.
Preparation time 15m
Cooking time 40 min
5 classified 5 out of 5 Rated by 1 reviewer
Allergens: Milk, Eggs
Diet: gluten-free, vegetarian
For the cauliflower:
- 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
For the sauce and garnish:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup of fresh cheese crumbled
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Season cauliflower with olive oil. In a small bowl, combine the salt, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Sprinkle with cauliflower and toss to coat. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, combine all of the mayonnaise sauce, sour cream, chili powder, cumin, garlic, salt, pepper, and lime juice in a bowl. Mix well. When the cauliflower is out of the oven, sprinkle with the sauce and decorate with crumbled fresh cheese and parsley.
Your Review Your Overall Rating Select a rating5 Stars4 Stars3 Stars2 Stars1 Stars Rate this recipe SKM: placeholder below contentWhizzco for 12T Subscribe to 12 Tomatoes