Dessert Milk Gluten
A fresh and light dessert to share with friends or to prepare a pool party. Pineapple lovers unite!
Go to recipe ↓ S2C image
I could eat half of this tray by myself. The lightness of a fresh whisk layered over a rich white chocolate cream cheese crust and a crushed cookie crust. You will be surprised how easy and tasty it is. I know what I’ll bring to my next potluck.
Big fan of pineapple here. Talking to the guy who drank more virgin pina coladas before the age of 21 than anyone in his family. It tastes as refreshing as summer. Citrus, juicy paradise. We don’t want to take away the pineapple flavor here, so we’re keeping the vanilla. This recipe reminds me of my grandmother’s Hawaiian salad with the light and airy flavor of these bars. The new beater makes the job easier.
I love this cream cheese frosting recipe. Whipped softened cream cheese and butter mixed with creamy white chocolate make this frosting so much smoother than other recipes. White chocolate adds smoothness, flavor and sweetness to this recipe. We love a dual purpose ingredient. The sweetness of the white chocolate helps balance the delicate pineapple whipped topping. Are you thinking of balancing the sugar in your desserts? Not only is it good for the stomach, but it helps make the dessert taste more exciting. A pinch of salt in the whipped cream or a spicy touch of lemon in the frosting make all the difference in the final result.
Using Nilla wafers in this recipe was a must for me. Graham cracker crumbs are great for cheesecake and smores, but this pineapple dessert deserves something special. This cookie layer adds sweet and savory elements to the dessert. We’re highlighting pineapple here, so again keeping it vanilla. There’s nothing wrong with keeping it vanilla sometimes. This recipe combines so quickly that your head will spin with new combinations.
Pineapple Dream Bars
makes 12 bars
Preparation time 15m
2 hours idle
5 classified 5 out of 5 Rated by 3 reviewers
Allergens: Milk, Gluten
For the cake:
- 1-11 oz box Nilla Waffle Cookies
- 1 stick of salted butter, melted
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 6 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
For the pineapple:
- 20 oz jar crushed pineapple chunks, drained
- 8 ounces of fresh whisk
- In a food processor, combine the cookies and melted butter until it forms a sandy crumb. Reserve 1/4 cup crumbs for garnish.
- Punch crumb into a parchment paper-lined 9×9 square baking pan and freeze 30 minutes or until crumb has set.
- Using a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave white chocolate in 15-second intervals until melted. Let it cool down for a couple of minutes.
- In a blender, combine cream cheese, butter, and sour cream until foamy and blended.
- Add the melted white chocolate and vanilla, mix until you get a homogeneous mixture. Distribute the filling evenly over the crust and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine drained pineapple and whisk chilled until incorporated. Spread mixture evenly over filling and garnish with reserved crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until the mixture has coagulated.
Your Review Your Overall Rating Select a rating5 Stars4 Stars3 Stars2 Stars1 Stars Rate this recipe SKM: placeholder below contentWhizzco for 12T Subscribe to 12 Tomatoes