Sandwiches that turn any dinner into something special.
Go to recipe ↓ Image S2C
Freshly baked muffins with homemade Texas Roadhouse honey butter and cinnamon spread. This is a quick technique to make delicious muffins in less than 2 hours. The first time I tried these rolls I was delighted! That kind of attention to detail is what makes me want to eat out. Buttery, fluffy roll with delicious, luscious honey butter is the perfect side dish for any dinner. Making fresh bread is great. Definitely my favorite thing to cook in the kitchen. This is a perfect beginner bread recipe to try out the process, especially if it’s your first time!
My first job was at Cinnabon in the mall and I knew I loved playing with pasta right away. Freshly baked cinnamon rolls must be something angels serve up in heaven because they are magical. Doing things with your own hands is simply magical. Your hands and eyes will begin to tell you how well your dough is doing. Do you need more water? Do you need more flour? Do you need more kneading? The dough will tell you when it’s ready to rise. When mixing the flour and water first, the dough should always be more moist than dry. As you knead the dough, the flour will absorb more and more water, until you get a smooth, elastic and non-sticky dough. It is an addictive process.
Some useful tips: It is important to keep your hands wet and use a counter scraper to prevent the dough from sticking to your fingers. To create a year-round warm environment for the yeast, heat a cup of water in the microwave and let the dough rest and rise in the microwave with hot water.
Homemade sandwiches make a great holiday treat, especially with homemade cinnamon butter. I remember for Thanksgiving catering at my old home in Chicago, the muffins were a huge hit. People love soft warm bread with dinner, it just changes the game. These muffins can be frozen as well as reused for sandwiches, salad croutons, sandwich sliders, French toast, and bread pudding. I really hope you try to play with some pasta today. You feel like a child again!
Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls
makes 12 rolls
Preparation time 10m
Cooking time 20 minutes
1h 30m idle
4.6 Evaluated 4.6 out of 5 Rated by 7 reviewers
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 bag)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup milk, warmed to body temperature
- 1 stick of butter, melted and divided in two
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Honey-cinnamon butter, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yeast, water, warm milk, sugar, 4 tablespoons melted butter, and the beaten egg.
- Add the flour and salt to the yeast mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until a paste forms.
- Remove the dough on a greased surface. Knead for 5 minutes, folding and punching the dough on itself, until a smooth, elastic dough forms and no longer sticks to the surface. (Use a scraper to help knead the dough)
- Let the dough rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled.
- Shred the dough and on a floured surface and roll out the dough into a ½’ rectangle. Cut 12 rolls from the dough and spread evenly on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush with a little melted butter and cover the rolls with damp absorbent paper. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with remaining melted butter and serve with honey and cinnamon butter.
- To a good time!
Your Review Your Overall Rating Select a rating5 Stars4 Stars3 Stars2 Stars1 Stars Rate this recipe SKM: placeholder below contentWhizzco for 12T Subscribe to 12 Tomatoes