this sweet strawberry cupcake The recipe encompasses everything we love about summer!
This is a super easy short cut recipe that starts with a medicated cake mix! Let’s add a touch of strawberry flavor and cook until fluffy!
Top these cupcakes with a swirl of fresh strawberry frosting for the perfect bite.
easy strawberry cupcakes
- The secret of these deliciously charming cupcakes is adding strawberry jam to the batter!
- Bake the strawberry muffins in mini, regular or jumbo size and they will be perfect. success of any party or picnic!
- summer continues throughout the year. Make a batch of strawberry cupcakes, chill and freeze until it’s time to freeze!
- Top it off with the fresh strawberry glaze and enjoy your meal!
Cake mix – Any brand of white cake mix works for this recipe! To switch it up, swap the white cake for the lemon cake mix. Use the dry mix in the recipe below.
Ice formation – Keep this 4-ingredient recipe on hand to use for future baked treats! Prepared frosting can be used if time is short, as a plain white frosting, or for a cheesecake flavor, use ready-made cream cheese frosting. Pour the glaze into a large bowl and gently add the strawberry puree.
Add a dash of strawberry extract and/or red food coloring if desired.
How to make strawberry cupcakes
The hardest part will be waiting for them to be ready to eat!
- Mix the cupcake ingredients and cook. (per recipe below).
- Prepare the strawberry glaze with fresh or freeze-dried strawberries according to the recipe below.
- Pour frosting over cooled cupcakes.
Complete with a ball of macerated strawberries.
Tips and tricks for cupcakes
- Eggs beat better and make a lighter, fluffier cupcake when at room temperature. Soak the eggs in warm water or put them in a cup of warm water for a couple of minutes.
- Use an ice cream scoop to create even portions in each well.
- Let the butter soften at room temperature for faster kneading. Add the icing sugar a little at a time until the icing is the desired consistency. Add a bit of liquid cream if the frosting gets too thick.
- If you don’t use cupcake liners, use a floured baking sheet to make sure they don’t stick to the inside of the baking sheet.
- The strawberry puree needs to cool completely before you make it into a frosting, otherwise the butter will melt and the frosting won’t be light and fluffy. Prepare the puree several hours before or even the day before and store it in the refrigerator until use.
- Use a nonstick pan or skillet with a large surface area to cook the strawberry puree, this helps it gel faster and prevents it from sticking to the pan.
Storing Strawberry Cupcakes
Store leftover strawberry cupcakes in a covered container for up to 4 days. Freeze cupcakes in ziplock bags for up to 4 months and thaw until ready to freeze, or freeze frozen cupcakes wrapped in plastic for up to 3 months.
Did you make these strawberry cupcakes? Be sure to leave a rating and comment below!
5 out of 11 votes ↑ Click the stars to vote now! Or to leave a comment, click here!
Strawberry Cupcakes with Fresh Strawberry Frosting
These Strawberry Cupcakes always come out so moist and the frosting captures the sweet summer flavor of strawberries!
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 35 minutes
Total time 1 hour and 20 minutes
Combine all cupcake ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix with a hand mixer for at least 1 minute. Stir over medium heat for 2 minutes.
Line 24 cupcake wells with baking pans or grease very well.
Divide the batter evenly among the wells.
Cook according to the instructions on the box.
Fresh Strawberry Glaze
Blend fresh strawberries in a food processor until mixture is smooth. * see notes for freeze-dried strawberries. Place in a nonstick saucepan over medium heat and simmer until reduced to ⅓ cup (about 15 minutes) while stirring. Cool completely.
Beat the butter and 1 cup of the powdered sugar with an electric hand mixer until foamy. Add the cooled strawberry puree and mix well.
Add the icing sugar a little at a time until the icing is thick and fluffy. If the mixture is too thick, you can add the cream 1 tablespoon at a time to get the desired consistency.
Pour frosting over cooled cupcakes.
To make glaze with freeze-dried strawberries, replace fresh berries with 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries. Blend the dried strawberries in a food processor until they form a powder and add them to the butter mixture in place of the strawberry puree. Make sure the cupcakes are completely cool before frosting them. Make sure the puree is completely cool before adding it to the glaze. 5 out of 11 votes ↑ Click the stars to vote now! Or to leave a comment, click here!
Calories: 368 | Carbs: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 494mg | Potassium: 94mg | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 725 IU | Vitamin C: 14.3mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 1mg
The nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary depending on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Cake course, American cuisine dessert.
© SpendingOnPennis.com. The content and photos are protected by copyright. Sharing this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting complete recipes on any social network is strictly prohibited. Please see my photo usage policy here.