East summer pasta salad is a fresh and colorful favorite, perfect for any occasion!
This easy recipe showcases the best of summer vegetables dressed in a tender batter all topped with a super simple and fresh dressing!
A cold pasta salad recipe is a perfect meal or side dish on a hot summer day.
This delicious summer pasta salad recipe is sponsored by Walmart.
easy summer salad
- Summer Pasta Salad is a great serving or side dish for hot days or quick lunches.
- A economic way to run out of leftover veggies, summer pasta salad is party-ready in no time!
- It is loved by adults and children alike and is a great way to get something healthy vegetables in a fresh meal.
- Make it a main dish adding topping with grilled chicken breasts or thighs, summer sausage, shrimp, or even beans or chickpeas.
- Use vegetables in your fridge or whatever is in your garden, it’s all good!
Summer Pasta Salad Ingredients
Pasta – We love pasta shapes like rotini because they hold up well and the topping adheres to their corkscrew shape and ridges. No rotini? Use medium sized pens, bow ties or shells.
vegetables from the garden – Summer vegetables like zucchini, peppers, onions, cucumbers, radishes, tomatoes, corn and carrots combine the colors of the rainbow in one dish! Swap the veggies for a bag of frozen (thawed) vegetable mix or whatever is in your crisper drawer!
Cheese – Feta is a dry, crumbly cheese with a rich, slightly salty flavor. It doesn’t take much and it lasts a long time in the fridge! Crumbled blue cheese, Parmesan, or a shredded Mexican blend can be used in place of feta.
Dress – This fresh vinaigrette is perfect for any classic pasta salad recipe. they are excellent options for pasta salads, as they are light and tasty and bring out the flavors of all the ingredients without weighing them down.
How to make summer pasta salad
This salad is almost too easy to make and is made in just a few quick steps!
- cook the pasta al dente (solid) and drain. Run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a glass jar and shake well.
- Gently mix the cooled pasta with the other ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Garnish with crumbled feta cheese or fresh herbs if desired.
PROFESSIONAL TIP: Roasted corn kernels, asparagus and/or some bell peppers to add a sweet/smoky flavor to the pasta salad!
Leftover pasta salad?
Store leftover summer pasta salad covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Stir and adjust ingredients before serving again. NOTE: Frozen pasta salad is not recommended as it won’t be as firm, just start over with a fresh salad!
Summer salads to savor
Did you make this summer pasta salad? Leave a comment and rating below!