This Thai Beef Salad is one of the best healthy summer salads, combining good steak, salad, and delicious Thai flavors. You can serve it on its own as a light meal or with steamed rice for a heartier Thai meal.
This is an amazing Thai salad – give it a try, you won’t regret it! You can also substitute pork fillets or chicken breasts for the beef or, for the vegetarian option, hard tofu.
This salad can also be made ahead of time, just cook the meat, make the salad and mix the dressing, but be sure to keep each of these in separate containers and don’t combine them until ready to serve.
This is also an ideal on-the-go lunch or picnic dish that can be packed into 3 small containers and assembled to make a great healthy summer meal on the spot.
- 1 bunch coriander, washed and separated into roots and leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 inch fresh ginger (or 1 generous teaspoon minced ginger)
- 3 chili peppers (for example, Birds Eyes chilies)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1/2 lime juice or 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 400 grams of premium porterhouse steak, trimmed and diced.
- 100 grams of mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 bunch of mint
- 1 red onion
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, seeded and sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes
1. Use a food processor to combine the cilantro roots, garlic, ginger, chilies, sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice into a marinade.
2. Reserve half of this mixture to use as a condiment and use the other half to marinate the meat strips for 30 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes, heat a large skillet and spray with Fry Light Spray. Fry the meat strips for a few minutes, then turn off the heat just before the meat is cooked to your liking. Remove the pan from the heat and let the meat cool in the pan.
4. Reserve pan juices.
5. Arrange the cilantro, lettuce, mint, cucumber, onion, tomato and reserved veal leaves on a large plate.
6. Stir pan juices into dressing, then pour dressing over salad. This Thai Beef Salad can be eaten hot or cold!
Thai Beef Salad first appeared on Motivation Weight Management.