Grilled zucchini is the perfect healthy summer side dish. Pumpkin slices are topped with savory ingredients and then cooked until tender. It’s so tasty and delicious and goes with just about everything!
If you have a lot of zucchini that you need to use from your garden, then you need to try these other tasty zucchini recipes to enjoy the vegetable all summer long. This Zucchini Pizza, these Delicious Zucchini Fries, and these Baked Zucchini Fries are some of my favorites!
If you’re looking for a quick and healthy side dish that’s low carb and delicious, these Grilled Zucchini are a tasty option. Butternut squash is available year-round and cooks in less than 10 minutes on the grill. Simply add your favorite ingredients and cook until beautiful char marks appear on each side. I love to serve it with the BEST homemade burgers for the best meal.
Not only do these grilled zucchini taste absolutely delicious, they are so easy to make and ready in no time. It’s definitely one to try on your grill because the charred grill marks not only make it look delicious, but add flavor and texture to the finished product. Have a barbecue and be sure to serve up this delicious side dish that everyone will love!
Ingredients for grilled zucchini
You can’t beat a side dish that’s healthy and delicious and only has six ingredients! This is great and one you will come back to again and again. See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Zucchini: A pound of zucchini is about 2 large zucchini.
- Olive oil: This will help the seasonings adhere to the zucchini.
- Garlic powder: The garlic powder adds the perfect flavor to the zucchini.
- Salt and pepper: This will bring out all the flavors to flavor the dish.
- Chopped parsley: Fresh herbs are always the perfect garnish. The parsley completes the flavor of the zucchini.
How do you make grilled zucchini?
This side dish is easy and delicious, but packs a punch when it comes to flavor! You can always use it as a side recipe because it goes well with almost any meal.
- Throw: In a large bowl, combine sliced zucchini, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Preparation: Preheat grill or skillet over medium-high heat. Clean the grill grates and grease them with olive oil.
- Bake and Flip: Once the grill is hot, the zucchini and cook until they reach the grill marks for about 4-5 minutes. Flip and grill until vegetables are tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Garrison: Transfer the zucchini to a serving plate, garnish with the chopped parsley.
tips and tricks
Here are some ideas to help your grilled zucchini come out perfectly seasoned and charred. You can switch things up each time to make this side dish more versatile!
- Heat addition: The black pepper adds a bit of heat BUT… If you want even more heat, add some chili flakes. It will add a lingering spiciness!
- Different ways: You can cut the zucchini into sticks or smaller discs. Just make sure the vegetable is at least ½ inch thick. This prevents it from getting soggy easily, holds its shape, and isn’t so thin that it falls through the grill grates.
- How to get character marks: What makes these grilled vegetables so tempting are the beautiful char marks that run across the surface! There are a few keys to successfully getting these char marks to appear on your vegetable. Make sure the grill is preheated and oiled to prevent sticking. When you add your zucchini slices to the grill, place them at an angle on the wire racks. Press down lightly so they are in direct contact with the hot grill. So… Leave them there! Don’t move them until you are ready to turn them.
Add different flavors
An easy way to switch up these grilled zucchini is to change flavors or dip them in some sauce!
- Cheese: Sprinkle your zucchini with some Parmesan cheese while they’re on the grill and let them melt. Cheesy zucchini is so delicious!
- Add the sauce: Drizzle with a little pesto, balsamic vinegar, or dip the zucchini tips in a creamy Tzatziki sauce or ranch dressing!
Most delicious grilled vegetables
If you are looking for more delicious grilled vegetables to try then you need to make some of these other recipes. There is nothing better than taking a vegetable from your garden and then grilling it and making it delicious!
In a large bowl combine sliced zucchini, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Preheat grill or skillet over medium heat. Clean the grill grates and grease them with olive oil.
Once the grill is hot, the zucchini and cook until they reach the grill marks, about 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and grill until vegetables are tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Transfer the zucchini to a serving plate, garnish with the chopped parsley.
Calories52kcal (3%) Carbohydrates4g (1%) Proteins1g (2%) Fats4g (6%) Saturated Fats1g (5%) Sodium155mg (6%) Potassium296mg (8%) Fiber1g (4%) Sugar3g (3%) Vitamin A311IU (6 %) Vitamin C22mg (27%) Calcium18mg (2%) Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is an estimate only. Each recipe and nutritional value varies based on brands used, measurement methods, and serving sizes per family.
Keyword grilled vegetables, grilled courgettes, courgettes