This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy garden tortellini salad is the perfect barbecue side dish of three cheese tortellini, summer tomatoes, broccoli florets and black olives.
i love a cold tortellini salad in summer. It’s a simple side dish that goes great with burgers, air-fried chicken, kabobs, and more. Plus, you can make it a day in advance and it’s perfect to take to a cookout or potluck. This basic vegetable tortellini salad can be modified by adding baby mozzarella, feta, bell peppers, diced salami, you name it! if you’re looking for more barbecue side dishesTry this Cold Italian Shrimp Tortellini Salad, Macaroni Salad, Rainbow Potato Salad, and Greek Pasta Salad.
I know I have made many of you Delallo fans! They have the best pasta, gluten free pasta, whole grain pasta, pizza dough kit, gnocchi, olive oil, olives and more! I partnered with them again to create this wonderful Tortellini Salad using their Three Cheese Tortellini Pasta.
Their authentic Italian tortellini recipe begins with a delicate egg pasta made with only the finest durum wheat semolina around a savory trail mix of fine Italian cheeses. I personally love it in tortellini salad, I find the chilled one falls apart too easily in salads, while the Delallo holds its shape well. It is a superior egg pasta with a delicate flavor filled with creamy and tasty Italian cheeses.
- tortellini: I love using Delallo’s tortellini with three cheeses,
- Broccoli: Cut the broccoli into small pieces.
- Tomatoes: Cut cherry tomatoes or cherry tomatoes in half.
- Red onion: Swap the red onion for scallions or green onions, if desired.
- Olives: Buy sliced canned black olives to cut down on preparation. Dip them with kalamata olives if you prefer.
- Dress: Dress the salad with extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar and season with salt, garlic, garlic powder and dried parsley.
How to make tortellini salad
This Vegetarian Tortellini Salad is quick and easy!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and blanch the broccoli for 30 seconds. Drain with a slotted spoon and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
- Add cheese tortellini to boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Put all the ingredients for the pasta salad in a bowl and drizzle with the oil, vinegar and Italian dressing.
- Vegetables: If you miss a vegetable or don’t like it, try substituting chopped bell peppers, zucchini, cucumbers, or celery.
- Protein: Add shrimp or chicken to this healthy pasta salad for extra protein. It is also excellent with salami or minced ham.
- Cheese: Season some balls of feta cheese or crumbled baby mozzarella.
Other Tortellini Recipes You’ll Love:
192 calories 6 proteins 24 carbohydrates 8 fats
This easy garden tortellini salad is the perfect barbecue side dish of cheese tortellini, summer tomatoes, broccoli florets and black olives.
- 2 8.8 oz packages Delallo 3 cheese tortellini
- 3 1/2 cups broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups vine tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup Delallo extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dellallo red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for the water
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
When it boils, blanch the broccoli for 15 to 30 seconds and drain with a slotted spoon and rinse under cold water to prevent cooking.
Add tortellini to boiling water and cook according to package directions.
Drain and rinse under cold water, then add to a large bowl with the other ingredients.
Mix well and refrigerate until chilled. Serve cold.
Serving Size: 1 cup, Calories: 192kcal, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 19mg, Sodium: 398mg, Fiber: 2, 5g, Sugar: 2.5g
Keywords: Easy Pasta Salad, Easy Summer Pasta Salad, Tortellini Salad
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by DeLallo. Thank you for supporting the brands I love and that make Skinnytaste possible.